If you are accessing our Services from the EU, please see the Rights under EU Data Protection Laws section of our Statement.
This Statement does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means not listed above and information collected through any other third-party application or content that may be linked to or accessible from use of the Services.
By using the Services, you accept the data practices described in and provisions of this Statement. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use the Services. This Statement may change from time to time without advanced notice, as outlined below in the Changes to This Statement section. Continued use of any Service after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Statement periodically for updates.
All capitalized terms used in this Statement and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed thereto in Coats & Clark’s Terms and Conditions of Site Use.
Information Collected About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal and email address, telephone and fax number, credit or debit card number, account information from your registration on our site, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but does not identify you individually, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment and software you use to access the Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- automatically as you navigate the Site (as described in greater detail below);
- directly from you when you provide it to us (as described in greater detail below); and
- from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and other social media websites.
Information Collected Automatically Through Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site and Social Media Pages, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to and usage of the Site and Social Media Pages, including traffic data, access times, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site and/or Social Media Pages; and
- information about your domain names and computer equipment, hardware, software, and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you receive our email marketing material, we may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“Behavioral Tracking”). You will be given the opportunity on every marketing material email to opt-out of receiving such materials by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of such materials. At this time, we do not respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about Behavioral Tracking, such as “Do Not Track” signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data but may include Personal Information. ,We may maintain or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Site and Social Media Pages, deliver better and more personalized services, and provide general statistics regarding use of the Site, including enabling us to:
estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your navigation; and
- recognize you when you return to the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small text file placed on the hard disk or drive of your computer by a server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a server that issued the cookie to you.
- o One of the primary purposes of cookies is to tell the server that issued the cookie to you that you have returned to a specific website to save you time. For example, if you register or create an account with us or on the Site, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits to the Site. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information when you return to the Site; the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
- o You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by selecting the appropriate setting on your browser. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. If you select to decline cookies, you may be unable to fully experience the interactive feature or access certain parts of the Site or other third party website you visit. Unless your browser is set to decline cookies, our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to the Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit Coats & Clark, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics, such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third parties and any third-party website you choose to access from a link provided on the Site to understand how those third-parties and third-party websites collect, use and share your information. Coats & Clark is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Site.
Information You Provide
The information we collect on or in connection with your use of the Services may include:
- information that you provide when (i) filling in forms or posting material; (ii) requesting our services; (iii) participating in contests, surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by us; and (iv) reporting problems;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information by publishing or displaying it on public areas (hereinafter, “Posted”) of the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links, or by transmitting it to other users of the Social Media Pages, Authorized Links, or third parties. All comments, content, and materials you Post or transmit on or through the Social Media Pages or Authorized Links and/or that you provide to us or our affiliates through other means, such as Electronic Communications, are collectively referred to herein as “User Contributions”. Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites or Social Media Pages with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you submit any information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with your use of the Services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Statement and our Terms and Conditions of Site Use.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present and operate the Site and its contents to you;
- to deliver or provide you or anyone you have selected with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to deliver customized content and advertising within the Services to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to administer, contact you about, or contact anyone you have selected about contests, surveys, sweepstakes, or other promotions sponsored by us for which you choose to participate;
- to provide you with notices about your account with us or on the Site;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to Coats & Clark, the Site, or any products or services we or our affiliates, suppliers, or distributors offer;
- to conduct research about your opinion of current products or services or of potential new products or services that may be offered;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Coats & Clark does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. However, we may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the applicable solicitation. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about users of the Services, your User Contributions, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Statement:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Coats & Clark’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Coats & Clark about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We request that all such third parties maintain the confidentiality of your information. If you do not want us to disclose your information to third parties to market their products or services to you, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
We may also disclose your Personal Information, without notice:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply Terms and Conditions of Site Use and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Coats & Clark, our customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Coats & Clark does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your consent.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
Security of Your Personal Information
We would like the information that you submit to us to be secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Coats & Clark uses commercially reasonable efforts and safeguards to secure and protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure; however, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Services. We protect your Personal Information transmitted to the Site through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Any transmission of Personal Information, however, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
There are also certain steps you should take to safeguard your account and information. For example, where a password is required, you should select a secure password that only you know, and you should always sign out of your account and close your browser when you are finished. It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of your password in order to prevent unauthorized access to your account, and we ask you to not share your password with anyone. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. You should immediately change your password and notify us if you discover or suspect any unauthorized use of your account. Additionally, we urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Social Media Pages and Authorized Links. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Children Under the Age of Thirteen (13)
Our Services are not intended to be used by children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect information from, nor target our Services to, children under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, if we discover that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will remove such information, and for EU online visitors – from a child under the age of sixteen (16), in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Changes to This Statement
Coat & Clark will occasionally update this Statement. The date this Statement was last updated is identified at the top of this Statement. You are responsible for, and Coats & Clark encourages your, periodically reviewing this Statement to be informed of any updates and how Coats & Clark is protecting your information. All amendments to this Statement shall be effective immediately.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may contact us as outlined below in the Contact Information section to request access to or correct or delete any information that you have provided us. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, Social Media Pages, or Authorized Links, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Services. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions of Site Use.
We have appointed a data protection officer that can be contacted via our contact information section.
Please see the details of third parties from whom we collect your Personal Information.
Facebook Ireland Ltd.
4 Grand Canal Square
Grand Canal Harbour
Dublin 2 Ireland
Pinterest Europe Ltd
Dublin 2 Ireland
1601 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
901 Cherry Ave.
San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
Fax: +1 650-253-0001
Twitter International Company
One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street
Dublin 2, D02 AX07 IRELAND
35 East 21st St, Ground Floor
New York, NY 10010
Fax: +1 646-513-4321
Legal bases for processing personal information from the EU
In most cases, you are not obliged to provide any personal data to us when you use our Services, but we will not be able to provide you with the information or Service which you have requested without your Personal Information, such as your contact details. For example, if you ordered goods or services from us, it will be necessary for us to obtain your name, address and payment details to satisfy your request.
We may collect and process your Personal Information in our legitimate interests to protect our property, rights or safety of Coats and Clark, our customers or others or to offer information on our goods and services we feel may interest you. In addition, it may be our legal obligation to use or share your Personal Information with third parties, such as public authorities or law enforcement bodies.
We may process your Personal Information for specific purposes based on your prior consent. We will provide you with relevant information before requesting your consent.
Where EU data protection laws apply, you have the following rights. These rights can be exercised by contacting us through our contact information section.
- Right to object to direct marketing at any time: We will only contact you by electronic means with information about our goods or services or third party goods or services with your consent. You can also exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing to any marketing material you receive, where such option is provided;
- Right to withdraw your consent, where you have provided it to us to allow processing of your Personal Information, at any time.
- Right to object to any processing we may carry out in our legitimate interests if this affects your rights;
- Right to obtain the rectification or erasure of your Personal Information;
- Right to access Personal Information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- Right to transfer Personal Information you provided to us in a machine readable form;
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- Right to lodge a complaint about the way in which your Personal Information is being used by us to a supervisory authority in the EU.
Retention of your Personal Information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and the appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us. We will not keep any information that we do not need.
As a global organisation, Coats & Clark may store, use, transfer, and otherwise process your personal data in countries outside of the country of your residence.
Where your personal data is transferred from within the EU to our locations outside of the EU, we have to ensure that such personal data has the required protection. Please contact us if you would like to obtain a relevant copy of the standard contractual clauses go to our contact information section.