It’s week 4! How are we here already?
I haven’t mentioned this until now, but I so rarely use solids. I feel like I’m cheating on my prints a bit. Hehe! It’s good to step out of your own box some though, I think. Plus, I keep dreaming of free motion quilting with this yummy Quilt+ thread and I think it’ll show up so much better on some solids. We shall see!
This Week’s Goal
This week’s goal once more is to make 6 blocks. After we do this week’s work we should have 19 blocks. Whoa! I’m really into watching the quilt grow. Each week I add the new blocks to the other blocks I’ve completed on my design wall. It’s a really good motivator.
Are you new and just now joining in? Here’s a recap:
Picking out the three fabrics for each block is my favorite part! I’m also already thinking about quilting each block in a different Quilt+ thread. I’ve never done that before. I’m half nervous, half excited!
Interesting Facts about Quilt+ thread
- It’s made with Egyptian extra long staple cotton – This means it uses the very best quality cotton on the market.
- It’s a 30 weight thread – The weight of thread refers to it’s size. 30 weight is a bit thicker when it comes to thread and should stand out a little more when free motion quilting than a higher weight will.
- This thread was made especially for quilters – I think that bit of info speaks for itself. 🙂
- There are 48 colors to choose from – Joann’s stores offers every one of them (there’s even a color called pineapple. Eep!)
- They feature a no wobble spool – For me this is something often overlooked. I like that there’s no top on the spools. That means my thread won’t be getting caught on the plastic to give me loads of trouble.
If you are an online shopper, you can find Quilt+ at the following places:
Fabric.com – Find lots of spools here.
Quilting-Warehouse – Individual spools here
Annie’s Catalog – Has a few spools available here
We’re growing so fast! I’m totally digging that secondary design of the quilt. Do you see the lattice effect? So fun!
Don’t forget to use the #quiltplusstardancequiltalong on Instagram. There’s a mega prize to be won there on August 30. There’s weekly prizes to be won right here on the blog too. Have you filled out an entry form? We are announcing a winner every week and somebody has to win, you know? It might as well be you. Good luck!
Do you need help or have questions? Let’s connect: